A Suitor Blinded By Love?Greg Burns
Stephen C. Hilbert is walking around Kemper Corp. as if he already owns the place. In his frequent visits to the financial-services company, the Conseco Inc. chairman has chatted up Kemper brokerage employees over their squawk boxes and hashed out strategy in closed-door sessions with top brass. He even has unveiled plans to move Kemper's insurance companies from suburban Chicago to suburban Indianapolis, where Conseco is based. "He's very confident," says a Kemper employee who sat through a Hilbert presentation.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances