The Ruble's Brutal Lesson
What is one to make of the precipitous drop in the value of the Russian ruble? A one-day plunge of 27% invites images of a worthless currency, hyperinflation, and economic as well as political chaos. This was true of Germany in the 1920s. It is not true of Russia in the 1990s--not yet anyway.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day