Another Trophy For A Featherweight...That Knows How To Keep QuietBy
When Britain vetoed Belgium's Prime Minister as the European Union's otherwise unanimous choice as president of the European Commission recently, EU leaders picked an improbable replacement. Luxembourg's Christian Democrat Prime Minister Jacques Santer is a clone of the rejected Jean-Luc Dehaene in party and anti-British views on European federalism. And yet British Prime Minister John Major wound up voting for him.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas