-- American Express will cut as many as 6,000 jobs from its travel services unit.
-- More pain on Wall Street: Goldman Sachs is mulling layoffs of 5% of its staff.
-- IBM drafted a new human-resources chief, U S West executive Thomas Bouchard.
-- Reed Elsevier will buy Mead Data Central, owner of Lexis/Nexis, for $1.5 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap
- Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account
- Apple in Talks to Buy Cobalt Directly From Miners