How To Really Protect Pensions
Asking corporations to pay more to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. is only going to jeopardize those companies that are trying to survive in today's difficult economy ("Harsh medicine for ailing pension plans," Government, Sept. 19). I suggest that Congress pass a law that gives the pensioner--rather than stockholders and creditors--first claim on the assets of a bankrupt company. That would protect the pensioner and cause stockholders to make sure that corporate pension plans were fully funded.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas