The Futures Fund That Got AwayGreg Burns
When his shares in IBM and Glaxo Holdings PLC tanked earlier this year, pro golfer James P. King thought he had found the perfect solution: cash in his stock portfolio and invest in a commodity fund that had been posting annual gains of 30% to 50%. His best friend, who had invested in the fund for years, swore by Lake States Inc. and its charismatic president, Thomas W. Collins.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas