Getting Up To Speed With Oracle
Anyone looking for an on ramp? On Sept. 26, software maker Oracle plans to announce new programs designed to move corporations onto the Information Highway. Oracle TextServer is a database system that can organize, store, and retrieve the millions of documents that companies generate each year. The new system, together with a new document-sharing program and existing database and video-server products, will let corporations circulate any data over networks--from purchase orders to training videos. Oracle hopes that its software--and its partnerships with telephone companies, book publishers, and others--will put it ahead of Microsoft in the race to create the much-ballyhooed I-way.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner