Cleaning Up Your Windows
All programs written for Windows can be installed with a click of the mouse. But getting rid of a program you no longer want can pose a challenge, because Windows installations often spread bits of themselves all over your hard drive. UnInstaller from MicroHelp Inc. (800 922-3383) is a handy utility that tracks down the components of unwanted Windows programs to free disk space. When you tell UnInstaller what software to dump, it searches your hard disk and offers a list of files it thinks should be deleted. UnInstaller doesn't make deleting a program as easy as on a Macintosh, where all you have to do is drag an icon to the desktop trash can. But it is a valuable addition to the Windows user's tool kit.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas