Managing By Values
In "Managing by values" (Cover Story, Aug. 1) Levi Strauss & Co. said its contract garment workers in Bangladesh are paid $384 a month. Levi's now says these workers actually earn an average of only $50 a month, including overtime pay. The $384 figure is based on a formula known as Purchasing Power Parity that reflects the purchasing power of the U.S. dollar in Bangladesh and is meant, Levi's says, to "give some context to the wages paid in different countries."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations