Did The Amex Turn A Blind Eye To A `Showcase' Stock?Gary Weiss
Frank J. Barnes stood on the mezzanine of the American Stock Exchange, watching the balloons. It was Mar. 18, 1992, the birthday of the Emerging Company Marketplace, the Amex' showcase for "some of the best companies in the country," and the balloons cascading onto the trading floor were a patriotic red, white, and blue.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts