Mix `N" Match Makes Suite Deals Sweeter
Microsoft Office, the top-selling computer software suite (including word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics programs in a single, heavily discounted package), comes on 29 floppy disks. On a CD-ROM, there would be room for all the disks, and 500 megabytes--enough for a reference library--left over. Small wonder that as CD-ROMs have increasingly become standard on new computers, software publishers are trying to figure out just what to do with all that space.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations