Make Money On Your MortgagePam Black
For most people, buying a home means seriously depleting your savings. But now there's a way to create a savings from the downpayment. Some mortgage lenders are courting new business with loans that let you sock away most of your downpayment in a fixed annuity, where it earns tax-deferred interest. The advantage: You'll be hedging against falling real estate values and accumulating savings to lower the total cost of your loan by 15% to 20%. "The downpayment is earning interest for you instead of sitting idly in the house," says Van Carter, president of Financial Integration, a Cleveland-based marketer of financial products and creator of the new loan (800 292-6688).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas