Can This Chip Beat Pentium?By
It takes just a little hubris to pull off what Gerald D. Rogers has. In six years, his startup, Cyrix Corp., has become a burr under the saddle of microprocessor king Intel Corp. Even so, eyebrows arch when Rogers boasts that a new Cyrix design will outperform Intel's latest Pentium chip. Is it bluster or not? Linley Gwennap, who tracks the microprocessor business for market researcher MicroDesign Resources Inc., believes that the Cyrix chip, dubbed M1, "is on the leading edge of just about everything."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas