Beijing's BrownoutPete Engardio
A year ago, China looked like the El Dorado of the global power-supply industry. Goldman Sachs, American Insurance Group, and GE Capital were raising billions to finance its demand for electricity. Meanwhile, developers scrambled from one power-starved province to another signing huge deals. Hong Kong billionaire Gordon Y.S. Wu alone snared agreements for a dozen major projects.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline