Time For Market Timers To Get Some Respect?Jeffrey M. Laderman
Market timers, the soothsayers and traders who jump in and out of the stock market, are among the most unloved sorts on Wall Street. Their raison d'tre--riding the uptrends, dodging the down moves-- flies in the face of the conventional wisdom that stocks should be held for the long term. Perhaps only the short-sellers, who make their money on falling stock prices, are more despised by the investment Establishment.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States