For Leon Panetta, A Miniature Budget CrisisBy
Can it be that Leon Panetta, the former director of the White House Office of Management & Budget, has more trouble managing his own debts than the nation's? Panetta, recently named as President Clinton's Chief of Staff, was dining with his wife, Sylvia, in early August at the popular Old Ebbitt Grill near the White House. But minutes after the ex-OMB director plunked down a credit card to pay for the meal, an embarrassed waiter returned to whisper the bad news: The card had been rejected. Panetta produced another card that went through.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks