All aboard, Cabinet officers! But not Health & Human Services Secretary Donna E. Shalala. She wouldn't ride in last month's Health Security Express, a cross-country bus tour promoting health-care reform. Advocacy groups paid for the trip, and the White House donated Cabinet members. But HHS lawyers ruled that a bus ride may violate a law banning officials from grassroots lobbying. Shalala showed up in St. Louis for a rally. But she flew there.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts