Grab Your Partners For The Wireless BallMark Lewyn
It isn't just politics that makes for strange bedfellows. The race to build a national cellular network is also prompting some unexpected alliances. Just look at the previously fractious Baby Bells. They're suddenly doing deals with each other at a furious pace--in the past two months there have been mergers between the cellular operations of Pacific Telesis Group and US West Inc. and between those of Bell Atlantic Corp. and Nynex Corp. Ameritech, meanwhile, is talking to everyone from other Bells to long-distance carriers in an effort to expand its cellular network.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- U.S. Stocks Pare Drop, Treasuries Rise With Gold: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting