A Rich Bouquet Of Belgian BrewsBy
No one really knows how many kinds of beer Belgians make. Estimates range as high as 800, but even conservative guesses of 400 are impressive for a country of just 10 million people. Raspberry beer, wheat beer, red beer, golden beer, 12%-alcohol beer, beer made with grapes, beer made in abbeys, beer laced with spices, dark Christmas beer--you name it, and Belgium seems to brew it. As Englishman Michael Jackson, who has written extensively on Belgian beer, puts it: "The reverence reserved for wine in most countries is in Belgium accorded to beer."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations