Investment Figures Of The Week
COMMENTARY A dreary week in the world financial markets. U.S. stocks were generally lackluster, as both stocks and bonds continued to meander aimlessly. Small- and midsize-company stocks were off 0.7%. Bonds were also undistinguished performers, with both long- and short-term interest rates edging upward. Inflation expectations continued to dog the markets, with traders discouraged on July 27 by word of a greater-than-expected rise in durable-goods orders during June.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like:
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing