How The Microsoft Pact Nearly CrashedBy
Justice Dept. trustbuster Anne Bingaman has won acclaim for her judicious settlement with Microsoft, ending its alleged anticompetitive activities without hamstringing its world-class operations. But antitrust targets are learning the scrappy litigator can be far from judicious in the midst of battle. People close to the talks say her angry outburst nearly scuttled the accord at the last minute.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap