The Job Training Squabbles: Is This Any Way To Reinvent Government?Christina Del Valle
How tough is it to reinvent government? Just ask Labor Secretary Robert B. Reich. The former Harvard lecturer began his Washington tenure with a laudable objective: He wanted to crunch 154 federal job-training programs dispersed among 14 federal agencies into a more focused "reeducation" system that could provide easy access for dislocated workers. Reich chose to start modestly, by consolidating nine training programs within his own department.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Why Are Critics Calling the $450 Million Painting Fake?