Jim Walter Homeowners Raise The RoofStephanie Anderson Forest
In 1985, when newlyweds Ramon and Elena Vidal were earning little and living with his mother, the saleswoman from Jim Walter Homes Inc. made an irresistible offer: a $26,000 home of their own with no money down and easy financing, to be built on a lot the Vidals owned in San Diego, Tex.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing