`Captain Crunch, Pick Up The White Courtesy Phone'Larry Armstrong
Hands down, it's the unlikeliest computer conference around. It's called Def Con, and it's quickly turning into the annual meeting of the Computer Underground. For the second sultry July in a row, assorted hackers, crackers, and phone phreaks are flocking to Vegas to discuss how to infiltrate computer systems, among other topics. In hot pursuit are various attorneys, computer company security officials, and law enforcement officers. "Toto, I don't think we're at Comdex anymore," says Code Ripper, taking a dig at the computer industry's legitimate fall convention. Code Ripper, a hacker and occasional columnist for Gray Areas magazine, is a pseudonym.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries