JANET RENO SAYS Pentagon-sponsored high technology can bring police into the 21st century. Besides, the Attorney General's plan could help a slumping defense industry by finding a new market in crime-fighting. Indeed, the Dick Tracy wizardry being developed by contractors and government labs is dazzling cops. An example is guns that recognize their owners' fingerprints--and can't be fired by anyone else. That could help prevent police deaths caused by their own weapons.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’