Herb Allen's Media Fest: Suddenly, A Star Is UnbornBy
Talk about bad timing. On July 12, Herbert A. Allen was finishing preparations for his annual media conference in Sun Valley, Idaho. It was shaping up as another triumph for the New York investment banker. William H. Gates III of Microsoft Corp. was set to speak, as was cable titan John C. Malone. For the finale, Allen had lined up his client Barry Diller, fresh from a spectacular merger of QVC Inc. with CBS Inc.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Bitcoin Climbs as Futures Debut Fails to Incite Attack by Shorts