Producing Carbon Carbon Fast Fast
Carbon-carbon composites are the stuff of desperation. They're among the toughest, most heat-resistant materials around, but they're such a pain to produce that they're used only when nothing else will do. Such as for the exhaust nozzles on NASA rockets. Or for jetliner brake linings, where lightweight, carbon-reinforced carbon composite not only saves pounds but outlasts steel linings 2 to 1.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders