Maybe They Should Just Call It Sumner Inc.By and
On the morning Barry Diller confirmed his merger negotiations with CBS Inc., Viacom Inc. President Frank J. Biondi Jr. sounded like a sports fan handicapping the NBA draft. Who might step forward to break up Diller's cozy deal? Perhaps Walt Disney Co., mused Biondi, leaning back in his chair. Or maybe beverage giant Seagram Co. "No, they can't," he added quickly. "They're Canadian."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing