Goodrich: From Tires To Pvc To Chemicals To Aerospace...Zachary Schiller
Few chief executives have reinvented their companies as often as B.F. Goodrich Co.'s John D. Ong. He got the Akron industrial giant out of the tire business in the latter part of the 1980s as competition heated up. And as the uses of polyvinyl chloride multiplied, he looked to the PVC business as the source of future riches. Then last year, he did an about-face, selling off the PVC business while putting more emphasis on his company's other chemical businesses.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy