Would A Tax On Currency Speculators Calm The Markets?Gene Koretz
Whatever the values of currencies dictated by today's economic fundamentals, the recent chaos gripping foreign exchange markets seems more an expression of speculative fever than a response to economic developments. The episode illustrates how easily speculative forces can seize control of the currency markets, frustrating central banks and threatening to undermine the dollar--and the incipient global expansion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day