The Emerging Market Play Is Alive And WellJohn Pearson
For a lesson in the volatility of emerging markets, this year provided a textbook example. After the spectacular runup in stock markets from Brazil to Taiwan last year, the bubble seemed to burst. In Turkey, the roller coaster lifted the price index of Turkish stocks by 500%--then lopped off 25% of those gains this year. In Mexico's bigger market, investors experienced a euphoric 63% rise through January and a 22% decline since then.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- As Bitcoin Sinks, Crypto Bros Party Hard on a Blockchain Cruise
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- Norwegian Airlines Sets Record for Fastest Transatlantic Flight
- How a 22-Year-Old Discovered the Worst Chip Flaws in History
- OPEC, Russia Signal Global Oil Alliance May Endure Past 2018