Newton: Will What Fell Down Go Up?Kathy Rebello
Call it a reality check for Apple Computer Inc. Or call it a second chance for Newton, the much-bally-hooed personal communicator the company introduced last year. Either way, Apple is in the midst of a massive overhaul of its Personal Interactive Electronics group--a unit formed to lead its charge beyond personal computers and into new businesses. The end result: what insiders are dubbing a "new, economy-sized PIE" aimed at getting Newton sales moving again.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting