America's HeartlandRichard A. Melcher and Kevin Kelly
Foreign insurers such as Toyota Motor Insurance Co. and Australian Mutual Provident Society have set up shop in Iowa. State Insurance Commissioner David J. Lyons travels regularly overseas, searching for more prospects, and insurance training programs have been arranged at community colleges. The result: Des Moines is now home to 200 insurance companies employing some 21,000 people.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Bitcoin Climbs as Futures Debut Fails to Incite Attack by Shorts