Welcome To Russia's Wild, Wild EastPatricia Kranz
Racing up and down the hilly streets of Vladivostok in his Toyota Mark II sedan, Sergei Batchurin approaches a red light. Instead of putting on the brakes, he steps on the gas, scattering pedestrians left and right. As director of Vladivostok's open-air Chinese Market and one of the Russian Far East's powerful new biznezmen, Batchurin drives as if he owns the city.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts