Investment Figures Of The Week
COMMENTARY U.S. equities staged a broad though not especially enthusiastic recovery. The Dow Jones industrial average ended four straight days of gains by closing on June 14 above 3800, as investors were cheered by upbeat inflation tidings. Bond prices rose on that day as well. But the news that consumer prices rose a mere 0.2% in May failed to sustain the markets on June 15. Stock prices declined and commodity prices rose, as traders wagered that the Federal Reserve may again boost short-term interest rates.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like:
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas