Four Pros Make Their Picks And Two Take Their LumpsGeoffrey Smith
Finding a red-hot stock in today's market is not easy. But Joe Scott-Plummer, an investment manager from Scotland, did just that. He identified a Peruvian telephone company whose shares are up a stellar 77.6% so far this year. None of his other stock picks worked nearly as well, but the Peruvian investment puts Plummer at the head of the pack of four investment pros participating in BUSINESS WEEK's annual stock-picking contest. Last December, we asked four experts to invest a hypothetical $10,000 in each of 10 stocks. At midyear, Plummer's portfolio of foreign stocks is up 5.7%. His picks are beating the Standard & Poor's 500-stock index, which has fallen 1.5% over the same period.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Erase Losses; Dollar Extends Drop: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020