Can Lyonnais Make Mgm Roar Again?By
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.'s headquarters in Santa Monica, Calif., bears the unmistakable marks of faded glory. The 12 Oscar statuettes that adorn its lobby are from many years ago. And one of them is a fake, standing in for a statue that MGM's embattled former owner, Giancarlo Parretti, gave away to a friend in 1990. MGM probably won't expand this collection soon. After being sapped of cash and creativity for years, the once-proud studio is still hurting.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock