Becker's World View Gets Raves And Raspberries
In regard to Gary Becker's article, "Let's defuse the population bomb--with free markets" (Economic Viewpoint, May 23), I agree with him 100%. The U.N. and other international organizations' policies on Third World nations' development were drafted based on naive assumptions and outdated information. If they really care about helping to solve some of the serious problems facing these nations, they must concentrate more on how to improve the educational systems and how to support businesses of the microentrepreneurs in these developing nations.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's