Columbia/Hcaadds More Beds
The Columbia/HCA juggernaut steams on. On May 23, the hospital giant agreed to acquire Dallas-based Medical Care America, the nation's largest operator of outpatient surgery centers, for stock valued at about $859 million. It's Columbia/HCA's third big deal in a year, following its $3.8 billion purchase of Galen Health Care and the $5.5 billion acquisition of HCA. Medical Care America fits nicely into that relentlessly expanding empire: Last year, the two companies began jointly operating hospital and outpatient surgery centers in six states. And 60% of Medical Care America's centers are in Columbia/HCA markets.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas