Investment Figures Of The Week
When the Fed talks, the market listens. That was eminently clear as bond and stock markets reacted favorably to the Fed's long-awaited decision on May 17 to boost the federal funds rate by a half point. Bond prices soared, and the stock market was similarly buoyant, particularly among large-cap equities. The Dow Jones industrial average soared 49 points, and the yield on 30-year Treasuries fell to 7.26% from 7.44%. The Fed's inflation-fighting move continued to propel stocks on May 18.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like:
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's