The White House
When Hillary Rodham Clinton gave in to demands for her first-ever White House news conference, reporters had visions of frequent meetings with the First Lady. No chance, say White House insiders. Mrs. Clinton's Apr. 22 session was meant to deflect Whitewater charges, not provide accountability on her policymaking activities. "We don't want to set a precedent," says one Hillaryite, who claims Mrs. Clinton fears that regular press parleys could upstage the President.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course
- Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account
- Apple in Talks to Buy Cobalt Directly From Miners