Congress Is Flogging A Dead ScrewwormRichard S. Dunham
Congress, ever vigilant against waste, nevertheless has had no trouble ladling out research funding grants for agriculture. Take the $34.6 million approved for screwworm research, even though the beef-infesting parasite has been eradicated in the U.S., according to Citizens Against Government Waste. The Agriculture Dept. says it's needed in case Mexican beef enters the country.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Erase Losses; Dollar Extends Drop: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020