Chewin' The Fat At The MoviesJulie Tilsner
Popcorn! Is nothing sacred? Not to Michael Jacobson, executive director of the Center for Science in the Public Interest. A string of reports in the past year from the nonprofit consumer-advocacy group--remember the treatise on Chinese food?--have enraged the food and restaurant industries. And on Apr. 25 came the latest: Popcorn sold in movie theaters, the CSPI says, has twice the saturated fat of a Big Mac. And that's without the butter flavoring.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's