Will The Info Highway Educate Us Or Addle Us?
In response to Mark Landler's commentary regarding the entertainment industry's potential to sap American civilization ("Are we having fun yet? Maybe too much," Cover Story, Mar. 14): Lighten up. Although catchphrases such as "edutainment" do nothing to turn me on to our world's advances in entertainment technology, it is clear that entertainment and education are not mutually exclusive. Observe the Japanese, one of the most literate and industrious societies, where electronic paperbacks are becoming the rage as commuters zip through pages and pages of reading during their daily commutes.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts