Heads Are Still Rolling Just Not Quite As ManyKathleen Madigan
This will sound like a cruel joke to workers at Raytheon Co. and Fleet Financial Group Inc., which both just announced layoffs, but economists at International Strategy & Investment Group Inc. report that the number of workers facing layoffs is beginning to fall sharply. True, the number of companies announcing plans to downsize is up from last year--35 in the four weeks ending Mar. 12 vs. 25 in the comparable period last year. But the number of layoffs has dropped to 22,000 from 57,400 last year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations