Assistant Attorney General-designate Deval Patrick plans to bring some badly needed diversity to the Civil Rights Div. of the Justice Dept. San Antonio legal-aid attorney Jos Garza will be named to one of four deputy slots, and Bill Tamayo of the Asian Law Caucus and Linda Wong, general counsel of Rebuild LA, are in the running for another. Currently, of 10 section chiefs in the Civil Rights Div., there is one black and no Latinos or Asian-Americans.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It's Gone Too Far
- Morgan Stanley Says Stock Slide Was Appetizer for Real Deal
- Boom Turns to Bust for Millennials Across Advanced Economies
- How One of the Most Profitable Trades of the Last Few Years Blew Up in a Single Day
- Dollar Steady, Oil Rises as European Stocks Falter: Markets Wrap