These Plants Love Heavy Metal
Utilities may be calling in the "green team" to clean up their act. Halophytes, a group of salt-tolerant plants ranging from cacti to sea grass, can absorb salt and heavy metals such as cadmium and arsenic from the wastewater of power plants.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas