If you don't have the cash to cover your federal tax bill, and you aren't subject to the new higher rates, the IRS has made it easy to request an installment plan. Just complete Form 9465, indicating how much you propose to pay monthly and attach it to your return. You'll hear in about 30 days whether your request is accepted. If it is, expect a late-payment penalty of 0.5% monthly, plus 7% annual interest.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Nordea's Bitcoin Ban Leaves Financial Regulator Taking Back Seat