Initial Unemployment Claims Thursday, Mar. 10, 8:30 A.M.
New weekly filings for state unemployment benefits should dip to around 360,000 for the week ended Mar. 12. Claims began trending higher as the new year began, and by mid-February, the four-week average of claims had risen to 378,000, the highest level since October, 1992. However, the severe winter weather's impact on job-search and hiring activity appears to be more to blame for the early-year rise than any new deterioration in the labor market.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- U.S. Stocks Rebound, Dollar Stumbles With Yields: Markets Wrap
- Jeremy Grantham Wants His Kids to Get Into Emerging Markets
- Los Angeles Cracks Down on Out-of-Control Hollywood Party Houses