Hanson Looks For A Hat TrickBy
The Batman and Robin of British business, James Hanson and Gordon White, are relaxing before taking the stage for Hanson PLC's 30th annual meeting. For the first time, the shareholder conference is being videotaped, and a makeup artist arrives. Hanson, chairman of the London-based empire that bears his name, quietly submits. The waiting White, Hanson's No.2, seems horrified. "Good Lord," he mutters. "Is this really necessary?"
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt